Pinecrest Village

A Great Place to Live

Upcoming Events

To View as a PDF, click here

 

March 7, 2017 MEETING MINUTES

CALL TO ORDER 6:35 p.m.

POLICE OFFICER Nate Beiriger, Community liaison.

  1. Crime for the area down 20% from 2016. No violent crimes in February.
  2. Neighbor reported that a man in the park propositioned her and spoke lewdly. Be on the lookout for young male with small black American bulldog. Incident was reported to police.
  3. Neighbor reported stolen bike from open garage. Also, there continues to be unwanted activity at the park. Incidents were reported to the police.

COUNCILMAN FLYNN/ DANA

  1. Update for Denver City Council’s ethics code. New $300 maximum on gifts for CC members.
  2. Vasa Fitness will take over building at Sheridan and Jewell.
  3. Rezoning for development on S. Sheridan, will become a coffee shop.
  4. Walmart is closing, looking for fast replacement since Walmart still pays rent, hopefully retailer
  5. Closed Target on Sheridan/Evans has created difficulty for new businesses to move in due to deed restriction that prevents similar retailers from occupying that space. Councilman is working on making a deal to lift the restriction, property owner seems amenable. Hoping to have solutions soon.
  6. Loretto Heights update – long process ahead but good collaborations happening. DPS/DSST looking to potentially buy the land they now lease on the site.

OFFICERS REPORTS

PRESIDENT, Rob Collins – nothing to report

VP, Bob Johnson – nothing to report

SECRETARY, Cara Meeker – February 7 proposed minutes read and approved unamended.                      

TREASURER, Nancy Polak            BILLS PAID (see worksheet). BALANCE $2649.53

COMMITTEE REPORTS

MEMBERSHIP, John Polak – nothing to report

PARKS, Katrina Reed – Nothing to report

SAFETY, Rick Reed. Not present, nothing to report.

SOCIAL, Courtney Mann. Dates for Easter festivities set (4/8, with snow dates 4/15 or 4/22). Discussed ideas for activities for kids and food offerings for adults. Possible changes to format include the addition of a food drive for charity, piñata for the kids. Motion made and all approved a $350 budget for Courtney to execute the party.

Future event ideas also discussed – movie in the park, food trucks, garage sale, National Night Out, Horseshoe pit use, Volleyball nights, Fire Dept. Appreciation Event. Courtney will continue to develop ideas.

ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL, Mike Schuh. Nothing to report.

ISLAND/ENTRANCE, Kay Reed. Reported that the spruce tree at the entrance to the neighborhood had been accidentally torn out by a snow plow. City does not take responsibility. Motion made and all approved the replacement of the tree by Kay Reed, who will purchase and plant something comparable for around $75. It was also reported that the light was out and a transformer was replaced at a cost of $75.53.

VILLAGE EDITOR, Jane Brown. New block reps have been assigned to their routes. Jane is looking to get documentation for all block reps.

BLOCK REPS – None present.

OLD BUSINESS

  1. Survey Responses. Cara will continue to develop ideas for addressing survey comments and will continue to work on a flyer for the neighborhood to accompany a future newsletter. Flyer will require discussion and approval by the board.

NEW BUSINESS

  1. Trees at the entrance need to be staked
  2. Neighborhood watch. Need to address this topic at a future meeting
  3. Introduction of social media accounts. Need to discuss what we want to do and how we want to execute.
  4. Bob Johnson has resigned from the PVIA board. Vice President position is now open.

OTHER BUSINESS / ISSUES/ANNOUNCEMENTS

It was mentioned that the Today Show recently had good segment on robberies. May have good tips for the newsletter.

Group briefly discussed making a formal complaint against realtor who doesn’t notify sellers/buyers of outstanding membership dues.

Group discussed possible options for neighbor’s backyard light complaint.

MEETING CLOSED AT 8:25

Respectfully Submitted,

Cara Meeker, Secretary

March 22, 2017