Pinecrest Village

A Great Place to Live

 

To Read the Minutes as a pdf, click here

 

SEPEMBER 5, 2017 MEETING MINUTES

 

CALL TO ORDER (Time 6:40)

 

POLICE OFFICER

 

Officer Nate is working toward a promotion and will no longer be the Community Resource Officer for Pinecrest. Officer Rubin Gardunio will take his place and attend future meetings. Rob will check in.

 

COUNCILMAN FLYNN/ DANA

 

Councilman Flynn arranged for a block of discounted tickets available for CO Symphony, Rhapsody in Blue

 

Bear Valley Shopping Center has been sold to Northwood Investors, hopefully the change will be positive

 

District 2 won a grant from Urban Land Institute; a tech advisory panel will assist with the development plans for the Target lot

 

Vasa Fitness plans to open by Jan 1, 2018

 

A music festival was approved for Overland Park Golf Course; Councilman voted no due to concerns of parking, traffic, and expense

 

Finalist buyers are being interviewed for the Loretto Heights location, an announcement will be October at the earliest

 

A 34-year public-private partnership has been established for Jeppsen Terminal.

 

Councilman reminded all about upcoming bond issues on the ballot

 

 

OFFICERS REPORTS

 

PRESIDENT – ROB COLLINS

 

Will attend Commander’s meeting to meet new CRO

 

VP – OPEN

 

SECRETARY - CARA MEEKER

 

Meeting Minutes Read and Approved for August 2017.          

 

TREASURER – NANCY POLAK                              

 

Various bills paid, member dues collected                                               BALANCE $8818.25

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS

 

MEMBERSHIP – JOHN POLAK

 

John reported that 195 homes have paid their dues, with 42 homes unpaid. 2nd reminder helped to bring dues in.

 

PARKS – KATRINA REED    NOT PRESENT, VACATION

 

EMAIL TO DANA ABOUT PATH CONDITION

 

SAFETY – RICK REED   NOT PRESENT, VACATION

 

SOCIAL – COURTNEY MANN 

 

FUTURE EVENTS

 

One more movie in the park, to be held October 7. Courtney will provide info to Jane for newsletter.

 

HOLIDAY PARTY, DEC 2, Courtney will look at menu and report back

 

ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL – MIKE SCHUH

 

Mike had one call about building a shed; owner will call again once permit is issued.

 

ISLAND/ENTRANCE – KAY REED

 

Stolen bricks were replaced in the island

 

Kay stepped down as Island Committee Chair. Loretta Schuh will take on Kay’s block rep duties.

 

VILLAGE EDITOR – JANE BROWN not present

 

BLOCK REPS – None present

 

OLD BUSINESS

 

Fireworks issues from the 4th. General agreement that the board would look into increased communication and security for next year’s holiday.

 

Break-ins and Robberies: board discussed possible ways to curtail these growing issues, including reminders. Cara volunteered to make a list of specific ways to encourage safety in the neighborhood that can be disseminated on FB and in Newsletter

 

Jeanne Faatz Bench: Rob will follow up with the city about its placement

 

Island: Still no water connected to the island as problems with the water lines are no fixed

 

NEW BUSINESS

 

Bob Johnson attended the meeting and reported a complaint about an unkempt home in his view.

 

OTHER BUSINESS / ISSUES/ANNOUNCEMENTS

 

Cara suggested that the board “dispense with the reading of the minutes” at meetings to make them shorter. Everyone agreed that the board could utilize that motion if the pending minutes are sent at least 5 days prior to the meeting and copies of the minutes were available at the meeting for neighbors to read.

 

MEETING CLOSED AT (Time 8:30)